The Sport Achievement Awards recognize local athletes, officials, coaches and volunteer sport administrators who have excelled in the past year at any sporting level. Nominations are open to any athlete, coach, partner group, team and official in an individual or team sport. Nominees will be judged on their performance and/or sport achievements during 2023 (except for Volunteers who will be judged on their long term commitment to a sport or sports).
NANAIMO SPORT ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS SOCIETY
Honouring the Sport Community
Call for Nominations
The Sport Achievement Awards have become recognized as one of the ultimate achievements in one’s sporting career because the categories touch on all aspects of sport from athlete and coach to official and administrative volunteer. But most importantly, they are open to everyone and the nominations come from any and all sport activities. Once submitted, the nominees are closely reviewed by a panel of judges made up of local media and members of the community. This panel selects the finalists and determines the winners.
- Male Individual Athlete of the Year
- Female Individual Athlete of the Year
- Male Team Athlete of the Year
- Female Team Athlete of the Year
- Male/Female Masters Athlete of the year
- Male Junior Individual Athlete of the Year
- Female Junior Individual Athlete of the Year
- Male Junior Team Athlete of the Year
- Female Junior Team Athlete of the Year
- Partners of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Junior Team of the Year
- Coach of the Year (Recreation/Grass-roots)
- Coach of the Year (High Performance)
- Official of the Year
- Sport Administrator of the Year
- Best Sports News Story of the year
- Michael Rhode Memorial Award
Nomination Criteria – Nomination Deadline: December 31, 2023
These guidelines are intended to help focus your thinking when completing the nomination form. They are not all-inclusive nor are they intended as categories.
The selection committee uses the following criteria when reviewing nominations:
- Nominations are open to any athlete, coach, partner group, team and official operating at the Junior or Senior level in an individual or team sport.
- Nominees will be judged on their performances and/or sport achievements in 2023 (except for volunteers who will be judged on their long term commitment to a sport or sports.) The nominee must be a resident of Nanaimo area (Ladysmith to Nanoose).
- The awards recognize those within the sport community who, during the course of the past calendar year, made a significant contribution to the community in which he/she lives. In addition to consideration of their success in their respective sports, this award will honour individuals who have made their sport and/or community a better place by; volunteering to help in their community maintaining their commitment to academics considered a role model displays leadership qualities.
- Through their achievements, they have also demonstrated the significant role that sport can play in developing role models and ambassadors, promoting the value and benefits provided by sport participation.
19th Annual NANAIMO SPORT ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 31, 2023
Please complete the information below. In order to ensure your nominee gets maximum consideration, please provide complete information.